JOIN OUR TEAM
Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.
If you’re passionate about what you do, are a champion of customer satisfaction and success, and interested in developing solutions that make a difference and having fun while doing it, COMPanion is the place for you!
For over 30 years, COMPanion Corporation has been a privately held, well established software company that commands a significant market share in Library Automation, Textbook and Asset Management, and Visitor Management solutions positioned for strong growth.
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Salt Lake City, Utah. Responsibilities include writing and maintaining test cases, assisting in managing build server, and writing scripts to automate tasks for other departments.
COMPanion has been an industry leader in Library Automation for over 30 years with over 10,000 installed sites worldwide. We are continually improving the abilities and quality of our software and need another team member. COMPanion offers a comfortable work environment with great people. We have a specialized development team where every member is indispensable, and we are looking for an enthusiastic QA Automation Engineer to join us.
This is your opportunity for an exciting full time position with COMPanion. Help us implement the next generation of our world-class products.
Please see us at: goalexandria.com.
Writing & maintaining automated test cases for the gui and api.
Verifying & reproducing issues found while executing cases.
Assist with maintaining Continuous Integration servers.
Black box manual and regression testing when needed.
Documenting test code coverage.
Participating in candidate qualification for releases.
Learning new skills, & working with new tools.
Build server maintenance.
REQUISITE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Enjoy solving complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Troubleshooting/Googling skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Self-managed and motivated
- Willing to learn
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related area or 2 years of experience in an IT related field
- 1+ years experience in QA
- 1+ year experience with Selenium Webdriver or Selenium RC
- 1+ year experience with Python, or ability to learn
- 1+ year working with VCS/SCM, git preferred
- Familiar with xpath locators, css selectors, dev tools/console
- Experience with CI&D: Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Experience working with defect tracking software: Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Competent with Terminal/Unix command line
- Basic understanding of SDLC in an Agile context
- Bash scripting
- Atlassian Bamboo
- Sense of humor
- Likes books